Lumineers by Cerinate are ultra-thin all porcelain wafer pieces or porcelain veneers placed over the front teeth to change color shape of the teeth. Lumineers are approximately 0.2 mm and highly translucent, allowing them to replicate the natural appearance of enamel.
For certain cases, unlike traditional veneers Lumineers requires no shots and minimal or in certain cases no drilling of sensitive tooth structure. Lumineers are thus sometimes known as safe and painless porcelain veneers. In certain cases whereby no tooth surfaces preparation is done, lumineers may be reversible. For these indidividauls, smiles may be transformed with nothing to lose and a beautiful smile to gain.
Benefits of Lumineers
- Minimal or no tooth preparation
- No shots
- Easy, quick and simple process
- Reversible for certain cases
- Able to choose shade, shape of teeth
- Brightens your smile and improve self-esteem
Procedure for Lumineers Treatment
- First evaluation and lumineers tooth preparation (if required)
- Records are taken and approved with the patient to determine the color, bite, length and shape of the veneer
- An impression is taken for a replica model of the teeth
- This model is sent to a lab where the individualized veneer is fabricated
- Fitting of lumineers on delivery
- The lumineers is fitted and cemented into place on the teeth
- A quality assurance check is done for any re-adjustments of lumineers
- Care of the lumineers
- Brush and floss the lumineer as recommended by your dentist or dental hygienist
Lumineers are fitted on teeth instantly with little or no recovery expectation.
Postcare Instructions for Lumineers
- Avoid chewing on or eating hard foods on the restorations
- Keep lumineer area clean to maintain tissue compatibility (the contour of the prosthesis must allow the surrounding tissue to conform to a natural, healthy position)
- Clean teeth properly
Care for Lumineers
Lumineers require the same regular and consistent home and professional dental care as your natural teeth.
- Brush after eating and before bedtime around the lumineers with a soft toothbrush, especially where the lumineer meets the gum line.
- Floss at least once to twice a day. Use the proxy brush or floss threader to remove plaque under and around these areas to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Rinse with fluoride rinse before bed. Swish the fluoride rinse vigorously in your mouth for at least one minute. Do not swallow any of the rinse and do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes
- Be careful about chewing toffees, gum, grainy rolls and tough food in this area
- See your dentist for regular professional check-ups and cleanings
Related Information to Lumineers
Goto section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Lumineers
Goto section on Porcelain Veneers
Goto section on IPS Empress Veneers
Goto section on Composite Veneers
Goto section on BIDC Patient Video Testimonials for Dental Veneers
Goto section on Veneers Promotions
Goto section on BIDC Dental Makeover Patient Cases
Goto section on Cosmetic Dentistry