Zoom Teeth Whitening
Philips ZOOM! Tooth Whitening is the latest range of zoom teeth in-office tooth whitening. Bangkok International Dental Center (BIDC) and its group of clinics are cosmetic dentists specializes in teeth whitening using Philips ZOOM! Tooth Whitening procedure. The results of this tooth whitening procedure are whiter teeth without coffee, tea, soft drink, wine, or tobacco stains!
Goto section on Philips Zoom Tooth Whitening Promotions
Types of Zoom! Tooth Whitening
Zoom Teeth whitening is a safe teeth whitening procedure completed in one visit. Whitening gel is applied to the enamel (the protective coating) of the tooth and heated with a special lamp. The heat breaks down the gel and releases oxygen into the teeth’s dentin (the main, hard part of the tooth). This oxygen bleaches the teeth without harming teeth.
ZOOM! 2™ Tooth whitening is the next generation zoom teeth whitening treatment. Patients experience up to 67% less sensitivity than with the previous Zoom! system. And it is also 33% faster with results in 45 minutes.
With the latest Philips Zoom Tooth Whitening by Philips, the zoom teeth whitening lamp is LED base. Using Philips Zoom with Relief ACP, the additional gel provides luster and protects enamel. Zoom WhiteSpeed is the only in-office system that has variable intensity setting so each treatment can be customized to maximize patient comfor
Procedure for Zoom Teeth Whitening Treatment
- First Evaluation and pre-whitening tooth shade selection
- the pre-whitening tooth shade is selected from array of tooth-shaped porcelain tabs for post-treatment comparison
- professional dental scaling and polishing is usally done before the bleaching treatment is performed, but it is optional if the patient's teeth is already cleaned
- Isolate Teeth to be Whitened
- A dental dam is placed to isolate teeth and prevent the whitening agent from irritating or damaging soft oral tissues
- Place Eye Protection for protection
- Apply whitening gel
- teeth is dried and the bleaching compound applied
- Expose whitening gel to zoom 2! light
- the whitening gel is activated using the zoom 2! light source. This "activation" shortens the needed treatment time and/or makes the whitener more effective
- Leave whitening gel for a prescribed time
- Remove whitening gel
- the whitening gel and dental dam is washed and suctioned off
- Determine Post-bleaching Tooth Shade
- after the bleaching treatment has been completed, a shade evaluation is done to see how much whitening is achieved
Some people who undergo in-office whitening may experience some sensitivity in their teeth. This sensitivity should be gone within 1-2 days.
Postcare Instructions for Zoom Teeth Whitening
Avoid consuming color-staining foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine, coke, etc. as well as smoking for at least one week
Proper oral hygiene care should be carried out to maintain and avoid diminished whitening results
If experiencing some sensitivity in teeth after zoom 2! tooth whitening
Avoid hot, cold or acidic food and beverages
Pain medication be taken as directed as long as there is no medical contradiction based upon your medical history
Use flouride rinse and toothpaste for sensivity teeth
Care for Tooth Whitened Teeth
Simply follow good oral hygiene practices:
- Brush at least twice a day. It is good practice to brush after eating and before bedtime.
- Floss at least once to twice a day.
- Rinse with fluoride rinse before bed. Swish the fluoride rinse vigorously in your mouth for at least one minute. Do not swallow any of the rinse.
- See your dentist for regular professional check-ups and cleanings
Considerations to Zoom Teeth Whitening
Most of our ZOOM! tooth whitening patients experience little or no side effects during this teeth whitening process. Some individuals do however get some sensitivity in teeth post teeth whitening.
However, ZOOM! Tooth Whitening is not for everyone. Women who are nursing or pregnant should not use this teeth whitening method. People who are sensitive to light should not undergo the ZOOM! Tooth Whitening procedure. ZOOM! Tooth Whitening is not for patients involved in photo-chemotherapy or diagnosed with melanoma. Patients taking over-the-counter or prescription light sensitive medications should talk to their doctors before using the ZOOM! Tooth Whitening system. ZOOM! Tooth Whitening works only on natural teeth, thus if you do have exisiting prosthetics (crowns, bridges, veneers, fillings) these will not be whitened. ZOOM is able to whiten teeth but the degree of whiteness will vary with individuals.
If patients would like a gaureented shade of whiteness, porcelain veneers are alternatives whereby your specified shade of whiteness may be selected.
Related Information to Laser Tooth Whitening
Goto section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Teeth Whitening
Goto section on Home Bleaching
Goto section on Zoom Tooth Whitening and Laser Tooth Whitening
Goto section on Tooth Whitening Fees
Goto website on Bangkok Tooth Whitening