More and more patients are having their amalgam fillings replaced with tooth-colored fillings due to better aesthetics and other benefits of composite resin fillings.
At BIDC, the replacement of amalgam fillings with composite resin fillings may be removed safely on request by patients following specified guidelines adapted from International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicolog (IAOMT) to reduce the exposure of mercury vapours that may be emitted during old amalgam fillings removal.
Amaglam fillings removal safety steps that may be additionally requested at BIDC include:
- Keeping the dental fillings cool
- Evacuator is kept near the tip of the removal site
- Use of external air source
- Use of rubber dam
- Immediate disposal of amalgam alloy
- Change of patient's protective wear
- Keeping air in room purified
Related Information to Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings
Goto section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Dental Fillings